You wake in a flutter, not sure why your heart is beating so fast. Then you remember … COVID19. The virus is written in capitals because it is writ-large across our lives. It has changed everything. I could list the bad stuff but we’re all getting a bit fed up with that so I will list some of the incredible things that are happening around us.
- Volunteers in their hundreds queueing up to help.
- The gratitude of those whose shopping and prescriptions have been picked up.
- The many phone calls just to say ‘Hi. How are you doing?’ that are going on throughout our community.
- The streets who have come together to help one another.
- The sound of clapping and cheering on Thursday night to say thank you to those on the front line, even in the sedate road we live in.
- The incredible organisational skills of those who are putting systems in place and then having to tweak and tweak again.
I know it has been said a thousand times but it is immensely humbling to be a part of it. So when I next wake up feeling a little anxious, apart from praying, I will also remember all the good stuff that is happening too.